- > Is Jewish or resides in a Jewish household.
- > Is at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- > Is a current resident of Greater Cincinnati or nearby communities (minimum 12-month residency required).
- > Is a US citizen or legal resident.
- > Can demonstrate creditworthiness and the ability to repay a loan (monthly income exceeds the amount of loan repayment).
- > Is not currently a co-signer on another Hebrew Free Loan or CJIFL promissory note.
- > Is not in or considering bankruptcy.
- > Can provide co-signer(s), depending on the size of the loan, who meet all the requirements.
- > Can provide suitable references.
- > Requests a loan that meets the program requirements.
- > Is not in collections with the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati (JFC).
- > Can complete and sign the application and promissory note along with the co-signer(s) and participate in a phone or face-to-face interview with the JFC staff and/or endowment committee.
- > Has the appropriate guarantors. Guarantors are required for ALL CJIFL loans. Your spouse or significant other may not be your guarantor. A minimum of one guarantor is required, and two guarantors (not married to each other) are normally required for loans over $2,500. Your application will not be complete until your guarantors submit their guarantor applications.
Refer to the FAQs section to review the guarantor requirements.